Join us this Friday, November 15th for a reading and silent auction fundraiser starring Suzanne Lummis and Tony Barnstone.
|Tony Barnstone is the Albert Upton Professor of English at Whittier College.|
His books of poetry include Tongue of War: From Pearl Harbor to Nagasaki (BKMK Press, 2009, winner of the John Ciardi Prize in Poetry), The Golem of Los Angeles (Red Hen Press, 2008, winner, Benjamin Saltman Award); Sad Jazz: Sonnets(Sheep Meadow Press, 2005); and Impure: Poems by Tony Barnstone (University Press of Florida, 1998), in addition to the chapbook Naked Magic (Main Street Rag). He is also a distinguished translator of Chinese poetry and literary prose and an editor of literary textbooks. His books in these areas are widely utilized. Among his awards are a fellowship from the NEA, a fellowship from the California Arts Council, a Pushcart Prize, and 1st place in in the 2008 Strokestown Poetry Prize. He is the recipient of many national poetry prizes and of fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and the California Arts Council.
|Suzanne Lummis is the founding director of The Los Angeles Poetry Festival.|
The LA Poetry Festival produced, together with Beyond Baroque, the 25-event, citywide series, “Night and the City: L.A. Noir in Poetry, Fiction and Film” in 2011. She is the Literary Director for The Arroyo Arts Collective’s, “Poetry in the Windows,” the popular public art project that for five placed the work of Los Angeles poets in shop windows and will resume in 2014. She has poems forthcoming in the debut issue of an ambitious new literary magazine edited by Christopher Buckley, Miramar, in Solo Novo published by Glenna Luschei, and a defining essay on the Poem Noir for New Mexico’s Malpais Review, for which she is the California correspondent.Her next collection, Open 24 Hours, will be published by Red Hen Press.
Use our Amazon.com clickthrough anytime you shop at Amazon.com
They donate a portion of the proceeds to the SGVLF at no cost to you!
- THANK YOU!
- The San Gabriel Valley Litfest is HERE
- Mann of War by John Brantingham
- Presenting…Our Indiegogo funding campaign
- Merry Christmas from the San Gabriel Valley Literary Festival
- Welcome to the SGV Literary Festival
- John Brantingham on A Novel Idea Live
- Learn How to Write Your First Poetry Collection
- The World of Writing Comes to the San Gabriel Valley
- Shopping at Amazon.com? Please use our link!
- September 11th, 2012 — Eleven Years Later
- Station Identifier — This is the San Gabriel Valley Literary Festival
- Midday in Claremont by Marta Chausée
- Visit our Amazon.com bookstore!
- Paul Tayyar and Kevin Lee read @ The West Covina Library
- Reminder: Volunteer meeting tomorrow 8/09/12
- Announcing: The SGVLF writing class series with John Brantingham
- SGVLF Chapbook Contest Announcements
- A New Beginning for the Valley Poets
- Bank-Heavy Press(es) all the right buttons…
- The Valley Apocalypse: Tonight!
- Join us for the End of Days!
- The Walnut Patch
- Station Identifier — Brantingham Blast
- It Occurs to Me at AWP — John Brantingham
- Welcome Fellow San Gabriel Valley Non-profits
- In the Land of Bears
- Shadow Oak Sessions
- The SGV Workshops — Group Dynamics
- From the Valley to the Beach
- Poetry in Videos
- The October Valley Poets
- Mike Don’t Need a Mic
- “Today, We are all Americans”
- Pizza and Punk Rock (with a poem from Lloyd Aquino!)
- The Beautiful Distraction
- First New Logos
- Station Identifier #0001
- Nothing Beats an Icon
- One Night in Walnut
- The San Gabriel Valley Literature Festival